Post Graduate Diploma In Logistics & Supply Chain Management ( PGDLSCM )
Duration: 18 Month Program – Full Time
Level: PG Diploma
Eligibility: Bachelor Degree
Over the last four decades the discipline of business logistics has advanced from the warehouse and transport level to board room of leading global enterprises. It is identified as an independent discipline and function in research, education and industry. In the context of overall performance inventory has value when it is positioned at the right location, time at lowest cost for value addition or transfer of ownership. Logistics is an important tool to achieve competency to link enterprise to customers and suppliers.
This course aims at helping supervisors, managers and professionals to refine their essential managerial skills in the various areas of logistics by understanding the basic theories and practices in effective management of materials flow in Organizations. Transport & Logistics sector is of prime importance to the growing economy a need was felt to provide training facilities in transport functions of the relevant Transportation Industry with special reference to International Business.
The program begins by laying the groundwork for a comprehensive understanding of what supply chain management is and how it can be effectively used to increase an organization’s efficiency and profitability. The program further examines different Supply Chain Management strategies and methods of forecasting demand, aggregate planning and network design. This program has tie up with reputed Company for effective course design and placement.
The employment opportunities are: in international logistics manufacturing, marketing and retail chains, in various functions: Warehousing, Supply Chain, integrated, transportation, consultancy etc. Logistics business as transportation is in existence for long and has excellent opportunities with integration of outsourced functions added to it.
Aims & Objectives
The aims of the programme are: to provide an academically rigorous postgraduate programme of education in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, in preparation for employment in relevant careers. In the context of this overall aim, the course is designed to extend the students’ knowledge by enabling them to:
- Acquire a detailed and comprehensive knowledge of internal operations and logistics, and the externally oriented practices of supply chain management, strategic purchasing and global logistics.
- Combine theoretical and applied perspectives of logistics and supply chain management.
- Acquire sound knowledge and understanding of relevant aspects of accounting and human resource management.
- Acquire a sound knowledge of quantitative techniques and software tools applied to problems in logistics and supply chain management.
- Acquire knowledge and insight into the application of information systems to logistics and supply chain management.
- Develop analytical skills and an understanding of the role of consultants.
- Acquire an understanding of sustainable supply chain concepts and practices.
- Conduct an in-depth investigative study into a relevant topic leading to a dissertation or work placement report.
Achievement of RCMA
- Top Institute of India on April 20, 2013.
- “Quality Management Education & Accreditation Award: from Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) on 27th August 2012.
- ACBSP International Accreditation Certificate from Accreditation Council for Business Schools Programmes (ACBSP), USA in June 2011.
- “Dr. Dharni P. Sinha Best Social Responsibility Award-2011” conferred by Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) on August 25th-27th 2011.
- “B-School Leadership Award” from Le Matinal Education Excellence Awards: Colin Travis, Global Chairman. The Award was received on 14th December, 2011.
- Asia’s Best Business School Leadership Award on 23rd July, 2010 at Suntec Singapore.
- Best Management Institute Award by World Management Congress on 30th December’ 2009 at New Delhi.
Salient Features of PGDLSCM Program
- Structured curriculum and Innovative Pedagogy as per Industrial need.
- Field Exposure, Live Projects and Industry Interface.
- Summer Internship Program and 100% placement Assistance in reputed Multinational Logistics and Transportation Sector/Organizations.
- Hostel facilities for both boys and girls.
Eligibility and Selection Process
- Any Bachelor’s Degree from recognized university.
- Preference for candidates with experience in Logistics sector/ industry.
- Eligibility candidate will be called for GD/PI at RCM Campus Bhubaneswar during November-December 2013.
- Last date of admission is 20th December 2013.
Address for Correspondence:
Regional College of Management
Chakadola Vihar, Chandrasekharpur,
Fax : 0674-23026333
Web : http://www.rcm.ac.in
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof (Dr) Priti Ranjan Majhi, 9090080811 (M)
Prof. Sunil Kumar Dhal, 9090092928 (M)